35Express is holding a series of community meetings to provide updates on the $1.4 billion project. The meetings, which are held every six months, are an opportunity for the public to get up-to-speed on the work that has been completed on the project and learn about upcoming construction. Each meeting highlights a different segment of the 30-mile corridor.
South Segment (Cities of Carrollton and Farmers Branch)
Tuesday, Oct. 28, 6:30 p.m.
The City of Carrollton Senior Center
1720 Keller Springs Road, Carrollton, 75006
Middle Segment (Cities of Lewisville, Highland Village, Lake Dallas and Hickory Creek)
Thursday, Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m.
MCL Grand Theater
100 N. Charles Street, Lewisville, 75057
- At Turbeville Road, crews have been clearing trees and shrubs for the future connecting road that will link Turbeville Road and the southbound frontage road.
- Demolition of Texas Land and Cattle building is scheduled to begin Wednesday, Oct. 22.
- Work on the new southbound I-35 entrance ramp north of Swisher Road continues. Paving for the new ramp is slated for the end of October and the ramp is expected to open early November.
- Almost 200 of the 310 drill shafts needed for the new Lewisville Lake bridge have been placed. Work on the columns for the new bridges continues as well.
- Various lanes of north- and southbound I-35 between Swisher Road and Hickory Creek Road will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday, Oct. 13 throught Monday, Oct 20.
- Various nightly lane closures of the north- and south- bound I35E frontage road from Corinth Parkway to Post Oak Drive form 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. through Thursday, Oct. 16.
- Northbound traffic on I-35E at Corinth Parkway is scheduled to shift onto the new road surface being constructed east of the northbound mainlanes in early November.