This never seen before park is the best kept secret in Hickory Creek. Located on the west side of I-35E further west of I-35E than Point Vista Boat Ramp and south of Turbeville Road at the South end of Sycamore Bend Road. This park is open for picnics and boat ramps as of September 1, 2009. This park is leased from the US Army Corps of Engineers and operated by the Town of Hickory Creek. Primitive camping is now available in Sycamore Bend Park. Campsites are $7.00 a night. More Information and camping rules. Boat launch fees apply daily ($10/trailer) as well as day use fees ($2/vehicle). Citations will be issued to all vehicles not displaying proper paperwork and payments. As of April 2011 primitive camping is available at Sycamore Bend Park. These tent camping sites feature gorgeous views of Lake Lewisville, either right on the water or steps away amongst beautiful mature oaks. Water and electricity connections are not currently available. Sycamore Bend Park also offers the opportunity to have some water fun at its nearby boat launch, on the shoreline or by taking in nature on its walking trails. Camping is on a first-come-first-served basis and sites may be reserved at the Pay Station near the park entrance. The Pay Station accepts cash (exact amount please, the machine can not make change) and credit cards.
Daily Campsite Fee $7 Weekly Campsite Fee $40
- The Pay Station is located near the entrance to Sycamore Bend Park and issues 2 receipts. Separate the receipts and place 1 on the clipboard at the desinated campsite. The second receipt should be clearly displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle and is valid for day use in the boating / picnic areas of the park. If launching a boat, a separate boat launch pass is required.
- Camping is permitted only at designated sites.
- No Day Use parking is permitted in campground areas.
- Park quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Occupancy or placement of equipment on any campsite prior to permit issuance is prohibited.
- Occupancy of more than 10 people at any campsite without prior permission is prohibited.
- If the permit holder fails to maintain overnight occupancy of the campsite it will be considered abandoned and forfeited. All equipment will be removed.
- All pets must be kept on leashes no longer than 6 feet. Animals may not be left unattended or tied to any object.
- Campsites must be kept litter free at all times. All animal waste must be collected and disposed of properly.
- Open fires other than in designated fire pits and grills are forbidden. All fires must be supervised by an adult at all times until the fire is extinguished and the ashes cooled and covered. Fires will be prohibited when winds are gusty, exceed 20 mph or when a fire ban is declared.
- Vehicles may be parked or operated in designated areas only.
- No waste, pollutants or other contaminates may be disposed of on park land or into the waterway. Gray water disposal is prohibited.
- The campsite permit includes the day use of Sycamore Bend Park. Use of boat ramp facilities will require a separate Boat Ramp Pass Fee ($10 daily).
- The failure to comply with any campground or park rule will cause the issuance of citations and/or the revocation of the camping permit and the removal of all occupants from the park grounds. Permit fees will not be refunded.
- Sycamore Bend Park is a natural area. Please do not feed or interact with the wildlife. Campers may use insect repellant for personal protection but the use of any substance intended to cause injury to or kill plant, insect or wildlife is not permitted. The Town of Hickory Creek is not responsible for any injuries caused by park flora, fauna, acts of nature, or accidents.
- A complete list of Park Rules may be found in the Hickory Creek Code of Ordinances Chapter 1 Article 1 Section 1.10.003.